Yossi Joseph Suissa, CPA, CA, LL.M. Tax / CPA, CA, LL.M. Fisc.
Assurance / Consulting Services
Joseph Yossi Suissa holds a masters in taxation and has 25 years experience in taxation, assurance and consulting services. He strategically advises clients in manufacturing, real estate, services, retail and distribution. Known for his professionalism and ethical code, he develops tax strategies that achieve individual and corporate goals. His areas of expertise include:
- Estate and will planning: corporate reorganizations, business succession, tax optimization, asset protection, trusts.
- Optimization of R & D tax credits
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Negotiating agreements with tax authorities
Yossi became a Chartered Accountant in 1987 and, after his internship, worked in an international accounting firm. In 1992, he founded his own firm where he focused mainly on R & D tax credit optimization. In 1996, he joined Boisjoli Sabbag as a partner. For several years Yossi taught tax law at McGill University and in the continuing education program of the l'ordre des comptables agréés du Québec. He currently teaches taxation at HEC Montreal and is regularly invited to give presentations on various tax topics at the Association de Planification Fiscale et Financière of which he is a member of the course development and government affairs committees.
Academic credentials, professional accreditation and associations
- BAA University of Québec à Montréal (UQAM), 1984
- Chartered Accountant (CA), 1987
- CICA In Depth Tax course, 1990
- Masters of Law, specializing in taxation, École des Hautes Études Commerciales (HEC), 2004
- Ordre des comptables agréés du Québec
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Association de Planification Fiscale et Financière (APFF)