Located in Montreal, PSB Boisjoli is one of Quebec’s leading accounting firms, with a team of over 250 people. The Firm values an approach based on mutual support and teamwork amongst Partners and team members. It also offers a competitive salary and benefits as well as a stimulating working environment that fosters professional growth.
Due to the ongoing growth within our firm, our Information Technology Department is seeking an ETL Developer to design and implement ETL processes. The ideal candidate will build ETL pipelines to integrate the data from diverse sources into our system. We require someone with exceptional business acumen and communication skills to be able to work with business owners, understanding their data requirements and help them make data-related decisions using the ETL knowledge and experience.
The role also requires agility to learn new tools and technologies fast, alongside a deep understanding of databases and basic programming and scripting skills. The chosen candidate should have expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets. Moreover, will play a pivotal role in building stable and efficient data pipelines that can be easily maintainable over time.
- Design, implement, and continuously expand data pipelines by performing extraction, transformation, and loading activities.
- Gather requirements and business process knowledge to transform the data according to the needs of end users.
- Maintain and improve existing processes.
- Ensure that the data architecture is scalable and maintainable.
- Work with our partners and directors in designing and delivering correct, high quality data
- Investigate data to identify potential issues within ETL pipelines, notify end-users and propose effective solutions.
- Prepare documentation for further reference.
- Create and maintain API links to various systems.
- Proficiency in data modeling principles with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to create and understand API tunnels.
- In-depth knowledge of the following tools, PowerBI, Tableau and SSRS.
- Strong organizational skills, including time management and planning.
- Solid SQL knowledge (query performance tuning, index maintenance, etc.) as well as an understanding of database structure
- Knowledge of various SQL/NoSQL data storage mechanisms and Big Data technologies.
- Passionate about complex data structures and problem solving.
- Experience with at least one ETL tool (e.g., SSIS, Informatica, Talend).
- Quick learner, adept at grasping new data tools and concepts.
- Previous experience in a professional services firm is an asset.