Alex joined PSB BOISJOLI on December 1, 2022 as a US Tax Partner. His career in US taxation spans over 24 years with US and Canadian national and boutique accounting firms.
He has in-depth knowledge and experience of US corporate taxation with an expertise in state and local taxation, including income, franchise, sales, use, and property taxation.
Throughout his career, Alex has led and managed complex federal and SALT compliance and consulting engagements for companies across various industries, covering a broad range of US tax topics, including:
- General corporate federal and state tax compliance;
- Permanent establishment analysis;
- State tax reviews and nexus determination;
- Transactional analysis and post-transaction tax planning;
- Tax effects of restructurings;
- Application of transaction taxes (i.e. sales and use taxes);
- Sales taxability decision matrices; and
- Federal and state tax controversy
Having planned and led US tax due diligence procedures for many assets and share deals, Alex brings to the table his wealth of knowledge and experience in M&A transactions. Moreover, he works closely with audit teams to review SALT exposures and reserves for financial statements disclosures.
Education and Professional Affiliations
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Suma Cum Laude), University of Louisville, Kentucky.