Edward Caplan joined the PSB Boisjoli team in 1997 and became a partner in our taxation department in 2007. Edward now has over 20 years of accounting experience, and is known for his extensive knowledge of corporate taxation. His large client base consists of multinationals and private Canadian companies operating in a wide range of business sectors, including manufacturing and distribution, IT, real estate, and professional services industries. Edward also provides customised financial advice to high-net-worth individuals.
In addition, he has in-depth knowledge and experience with all aspects of local and foreign investment, mergers and acquisitions, corporate tax planning, estate planning, SR&ED tax credit optimisation, transfer pricing, corporate Income Tax Act compliance, cross-border transactions, and negotiating agreements with the tax authorities.
This proven tax expert and strong communicator is also very active within the professional community. Edward is frequently invited to share his expertise on inbound to Canada investment with Prime Global, one of the five largest associations of independent accounting firms in the world, and of which PSB Boisjoli is a member. He also served as a lecturer in Concordia University’s department of accountancy. In February 2016, he spoke before the Canadian Tax Foundation, and was featured in a Montreal Gazette article entitled “Five Ways to Minimize your Tax Bill”.
A seasoned and valued advisor, Edward demonstrates a consistent ability to handle complex taxation issues and to develop creative, effective, and perfectly-tailored strategies to help his clients achieve their financial objectives. He seeks to add value to every file he handles, and has been a key player in developing PSB Boisjoli’s standing as a leading taxation firm.
Education and Professional Affiliations
- BComm, Concordia University – 1992
- Diploma in Chartered Accountancy, Concordia University – 1994
- CPA, CA designation – 1996
- Quebec Order of Chartered Professional Accountants – 1996-present
- Canadian Tax Foundation
- Successful completion of the following CICA courses: In-Depth Tax; In-Depth International Tax; Corporate Reorganisations, Advanced Tax Issues for the Owner-Managed Businesses
- Organisers Committee and presenter – Update on Estate Planning seminar – Canadian Tax Foundation – 2016
- Organisers Committee – Journées d’études fiscales – Canadian Tax Foundation – 2012