Career Path and Expertise
Edward Waked, Ph. D., boasts more than 25 years of professional experience and is an established expert in Research and Development tax incentive programs. In January 2018, he joined PSB BOISJOLI, where he serves as Principal for the firm’s advisory services division.
Having obtained his doctorate in psychophysiology, Edward has logged several years of research in cardiovascular psychophysiology. In affiliation with the McGill University Research Centre for Studies in Aging, he worked as a researcher at the Montreal General Hospital Division of Geriatric Medicine, in addition to leading research projects in sports medicine.
Throughout his career, Edward has also fulfilled management duties for a major biomedical research company. This experience led him to develop comprehensive expertise in the federal government’s Scientific Research and Experimental Development program (SR&ED) and the Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP). Combined with his direct experience in scientific research, his in-depth knowledge of this program inspired him to co-found Stante Waked & Associates, a company that specialises in financing activities for research and their applicable tax incentives.
Within his role at PSB BOISJOLI, Edward offers specialised advisory services for all matters related to the SR&ED tax incentive program. His assigned mandates include working with SME’s to establish their eligibility into the federal government’s SR&ED Program. Many of his clients operate in the technical domain. To ensure a successful mandate, Edward conducts extensive interviews with researchers, engineers and technical staff. At times, he also communicates with government partners in the field.
This highly seasoned professional is thoroughly appreciated for his impressive competence and knowledge in research and project management. His proven leadership skills, attention to detail and passion for SR&ED have earned him a shining reputation amongst both clients and colleagues. He is renowned across the profession as a veteran, ground-breaking expert.
- Bachelor of Psychology (specialisation program), [ES1] [EW2] Concordia University – 1986
- Master of Psychology, Université de Montréal – 1988.
- PhD in Psychophysiology, Université de Montréal – 1994.
- Post-doctorate in Bio-Engineering, Concordia University – 1995.
Awards and Distinctions
- Recipient of the J.P Zweig Award for his extraordinary contribution to academia and research in behavioural medicine – 1985
- Recipient of the Helen McCall Hutchison award for his exceptional contribution to geriatric research – 1994.
Articles and Conferences
- Author of more than 30 articles that have been reviewed by his colleagues in the field of biomedicine.
- Conference Lecturer at a number of presentations geared toward bankers and accountants to provide updated information and standards on research and development and their applicable tax incentives.
Volunteering and Community Involvement
- Served on the Board of Directors for the Canadian Foundation, A World of Dreams between 2007 and 2010.