FCPA Auditor, FCA, CBV,
Marc Elman started his career at PSB BOISJOLI (the firm) in 1981, obtained his Chartered Accountant designation in 1985, and became a partner in 1988. In 1992, he earned his Chartered Business Valuator designation and has been instrumental in developing this branch of the firm’s practice. Over the past two decades (2000-2021) Marc was the firm’s Managing Partner, a role he undertook with passion, compassion and a commitment in ensuring that a positive culture was fostered for all staff and stakeholders alike. Under his tenure, the firm experienced a significant growth in revenue, service lines as well as in human capital. Marc places a strong emphasis on grasping his clients’ specific needs and hones in on tailoring his business strategies accordingly. He prides himself in proposing innovative and effective, solutions. The lifeblood of Marc’s insightful approach resides in his ability to clearly understand the business challenges his clients are facing and to form strong and lasting relationships.
In 2015, Marc was named a Fellow of the Quebec Order of Chartered Professional Accountants, a distinction that recognizes members who have rendered outstanding services to the profession, or whose achievements in their careers or in the community have earned them distinction and brought honor to the profession. This accolade embodies the true professional that Marc has been throughout his successful career.
Marc has a unique ability to motivate team members to pursue ongoing professional and personal excellence whether it be at the senior management or staff level. He is regarded as one of the most respected and talented accounting firm leaders of his generation.
Education and Professional Affiliations
- B.Com with distinction, McGill University – 1982
- Diploma in Public Accountancy, McGill University – 1983
- CPA, CA designation – 1985
- Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) designation, placed 3rd in Canada – 1992
- Fellow of the CPA (FCPA, FCA) – 2015
- Quebec Order of Chartered Professional Accountants –1985-present
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario, Since 1987
- Current President, past Treasurer and member of the Board of Directors of Camp B’nai Brith – 2009-present
- Head of the PSB Boisjoli Executive Committee – 1998-2021
- Member of the Board of Directors of Prime Global, one of the five largest associations of independent accounting firms in the world – 2000-2002
- Current Board member of the Foundation For Genocide Education- 2020-present
Awards and Distinctions
- Recognized by the Jewish Community Foundation of Montréal for his commitment and efforts in creating new funds for the organization – June 13, 2018.
Marc has been involved in the community throughout his career and has been a member of the Board of Directors of numerous charitable organizations. He is an active member of the firm’s philanthropy committee and has helped raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for various charitable organizations in the Greater Montreal Area. He has also lent his support to countless fundraising events and conferences. He is regarded as an inspiring example of what community involvement really means.
*Operating via a professional services corporation