FCPA Auditor, FCA, CBV,
Marc Elman has been managing the firm with passion for over 15 years. Marc joined the firm in 1981, obtained his Chartered Accountant designation in 1985, and became a partner in 1988. In 1992, he earned his Chartered Business Valuator designation and has been instrumental in developing this branch of the firm’s practice.
Marc places a strong emphasis on grasping his clients’ precise needs, and does not shy away from proposing innovative, effective, strategic, and customised solutions. The lifeblood of Marc’s insightful approach resides in his ability to clearly understand the obstacles his clients are facing, and to form strong and lasting relationships.
In 2015, Marc was named a Fellow of the Quebec Order of Chartered Professional Accountants, a distinction that recognizes members who have rendered outstanding services to the profession, or whose achievements in their careers or in the community have earned them distinction and brought honour to the profession.
Marc has a unique ability to motivate an entire team to pursue ongoing professional and personal excellence, and is regarded as one of the most talented accounting firm leaders of his generation.
Education and Professional Affiliations
- B.Com with distinction, McGill University – 1982
- Diploma in Public Accountancy, McGill University – 1983
- CPA, CA designation – 1985
- Chartered Business Valuator (CBV) designation, placed 3rd in Canada – 1992
- Fellow of the CPA (FCPA, FCA) – 2015
- Quebec Order of Chartered Professional Accountants –1985-present
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario, Since 1987
- Current President, past Treasurer and member of the Board of Directors of Camp B’nai Brith – 2009-present
- Head of the PSB Boisjoli Executive Committee – 1998-present
- Member of the Board of Directors of Prime Global, one of the five largest associations of independent accounting firms in the world – 2000-2002
Awards and Distinctions
- Recognized by the Jewish Community Foundation of Montréal for his commitment and efforts in creating new funds for the organisation – June 13, 2018.
Marc has been involved in his community throughout his career, and has been a member of the management and the Board of Directors of numerous charitable organisations. He has lent his support to countless fundraising events and conferences, and is currently president of a summer camp for youth. He is regarded as an inspiring example of what community involvement really means.
*Operating via a professional services corporation