CPA Auditor, CA,
Susan Maruya earned her CA designation in 1989 and went on to serve as taxation manager at KPMG before joining the PSB Boisjoli team as Quality Control Manager in 1999. In 2009 she was named Principal, Standards and now has over 25 years of accounting experience.
Susan is responsible for ensuring that assurance and accounting standards and the Rules of Professional Conduct/Code of Ethics are adhered to within the firm. She contributes to the firm’s leadership and professionalism in the industry by ensuring the preparation and delivery of high-quality products. She is committed to developing innovative training for both staff and partners in the assurance department and providing them with the tools needed to become stronger professionals. She has been on the Accounting and Assurance Committee since 2009, and is the firm’s representative for the professional inspections conducted by the Quebec Chartered Professional Accountants Order.
Susan oversees the work of the Quality Control department, for whom she is responsible, in connection with the financial statements and other assurance reports that the firm issues. This includes assurance mandates performed for companies in the manufacturing, distribution, construction, real estate, retail, and not-for-profit sectors.
Susan is also actively involved in the professional community, and participates in roundtable discussions on accounting standards affecting private companies. In 2013, she founded the first Women’s Discussion Group on Accounting and Assurance, which brings together women from the quality control departments of numerous leading accounting firms to share their knowledge and experience. She also contributes to our newsletter, The Reporter.
Education and Professional Affiliations
- B.Com., Major in Accountancy and International Business, McGill University – 1987
- Graduate Certificate in Professional Accounting, McGill University – 1988
- CPA, CA designation – 1989
- In-Depth Tax Course, CPA Canada – 1992
- Quebec Order of Chartered Professional Accountants – 1989-present
- Montreal Accounting Discussion Group – 2005-present
- Accounting Standards Board, Private Entreprise Advisory Committee –2010-present
- Member of the Board, Montreal Chinese Hospital – 2012-2015
- Auxiliary Member, Montreal Chinese Hospital – 2005-present