Located in Montreal, PSB Boisjoli is one of Quebec’s leading accounting firms, with a team of over 250 people. The Firm values an approach based on mutual support and teamwork amongst Partners and ledger team members PSB. It also offers a competitive salary and benefits as well as a stimulating working environment that fosters professional growth.
PSB Boisjoli is currently seeking an Accounting Supervisor to join its team.
- Responsible for completing and finalizing mandates (i.e. subsequent adjustments to file, clearing of partner/manager review notes, and ensures that all necessary documentation and correspondence is received and filed appropriately);
- Resolve semi-complex technical issues and escalate unresolved complex issues to the appropriate higher-level person;
- Identifies and brings any changes in circumstances to the attention of the Manager;
- GST/QST: understands basic concepts and compliance, and identifies and resolves issues;
- Prepares complete working paper files relating to Compilation and Review engagements, and ensures that all work is documented appropriately;
- Personal Taxes: Able to review complex tax returns, identifies potential problems and tax planning opportunities, and communicates these to the Manager;
- Corporate Taxes: Able to identify potential problems, and has a general understanding of, among other things, partnership and relationship rules, active vs. passive tax rules, CDA account and donation rules;
- Ensures that issues raised by clients and/or the existence of potential clients are communicated to engagement partners and senior managers;
- Reviews taxable benefits and DAS calculations.
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in an accounting firm
- CPA designation
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
- Bilingual (French and English);
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong time management skills
- Knowledge of investment brokerage bookkeeping
- Proficient in Microsoft Office as well as CaseWare/CaseView and TaxPrep.
We thank all candidates for their application and interest in our Firm. However, we will only be contacting those applicants that we are interested in pursuing.