Located in Montreal, PSB Boisjoli is one of Quebec’s leading accounting firms, with a team of over 250 people. The Firm values an approach based on mutual support and teamwork amongst Partners and team members. It also offers a competitive salary and benefits as well as a stimulating working environment that fosters professional growth.
As a result of the continued growth within this service line, our Insolvency and Restructuring Department is seeking a File Administrator to join their team of professionals. The variety in the type of assignments and industries covered will provide exposure to many interesting and challenging situations.
The primary responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Initial client setup in Ascend
- Preparation of creditor list and statement of affairs
- Support client interview process
- Government filings – pre and post insolvency proceedings (GST/QST etc.) compliance
- Taking possession and inventory of books and records, minute books etc
- Standard letters to banks
- Coordinate inventory and possession taking with agent
- Accounts receivable collections
- Follow up asset sales process
- Initial proof of claim review
- Notices to creditors and inspectors
- Cursory banking information review
- Prepare bankruptcy, notice of intention, proposal, and receivership notices
- Prepare initial receipts and disbursement statements
- E-filing and communications with superintendent of bankruptcy/official receiver
- WEPPA information entering and payroll compliance
- ROE and T4 (coordinate with payroll co)
- Preparation of dividend sheet
- Preparation of discharge and closing of government accounts
- Minimum of 2 years working in administrating commercial insolvency files
- Strong financial and accounting skills;
- Proficient in Ascend software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power-Point);
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Bilingualism (strong verbal and writing skills);
- Inter-personal relationship and client service focused;
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
We thank all candidates for their application and interest in this position.
However, we will only be contacting those applicants that we are interested in pursuing.