Located in Montreal, PSB Boisjoli is one of Quebec’s leading accounting firms, with a team of over 250 people. The Firm values an approach based on mutual support and teamwork amongst partners and team members. It also offers a competitive salary and benefits as well as a stimulating working environment that fosters professional growth.
As a result of continued growth in our practice, PSB Boisjoli’s tax group is seeking an experienced International Tax Manager to join our team.
- Responsible for international corporate tax engagements involving tax planning opportunities, tax minimization strategies, and compliance issues for Canadian entities carrying on business in foreign countries;
- Assist clients in determining which corporate structure would be the most effective in different countries – subsidiary, branch, or joint-venture partnership;
- Assist clients in determining effective methods of efficient capitalization and financing;
- Possesses technical expertise relating to complex off-shore tax and assurance issues;
- Perform due diligence or modeling with respect to potential acquisitions by Canadian entities of international subsidiaries, partnerships or business operations;
- Computation of surplus accounts and foreign accrual property income (“FAPI”);
- Review domestic/international federal and multi-state corporate/partnership information returns;
- Communicate with staff members as well as clients with regard to corporate tax queries;
- Review discrepancies and irregularities in financial entries and reports;
- Research client issues that arise from compliance or planning work such as the effects of various tax treaty provisions on the taxpayer (capital gains, dividends, business profits, etc.);
- Review Canadian tax returns for accuracy and completeness from other team members.
- Completion of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation;
- Possess a Master’s Degree in Taxation, or Member of the Bar;
- A minimum of 5 years’ work experience in Public Practice;
- Solid experience preparing and reviewing international tax compliance and tax reorganizations;
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Bilingual (French and English);
- Proficient interpreting and applying tax legislations;
- Proficient with tax research methods and databases;
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite; particularly in Excel and Word;
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
- Comfortable with financial data.
We thank all those candidates who have applied. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.