Located in Montreal, PSB Boisjoli is one of Quebec’s leading accounting firms, with a team of over 250 people. The Firm values an approach based on mutual support and teamwork amongst partners and team members. It also offers a competitive salary and benefits as well as a stimulating working environment that fosters professional growth.
As our Audit and Assurance Group continues to expand, we are currently seeking an Audit & Assurance Manager to complement its existing talented team.
The qualifying candidates will perform the following:
- Responsible for the completion of audits, compliance tax engagements, budgeting, internal controls, financial and accounting transactions
- Ability to effectively manage more complex or new mandates
- Execute transactions through the provision of client services including planning, budgeting, scheduling and coordinating engagements
- Coordinate planning meetings prior to commencement of the mandate to discuss roles and responsibilities, time budgets, risk areas, materiality and deadlines
- Ensure quality control by reviewing work completed by other staff members for accuracy and completeness;
- Recognize audit/review related issues and have knowledge of applicable professional standards and resolve issues accordingly;
- Maintain continuous communications with clients throughout the year as well as coordinate and schedule interim and year end assurance work with clients
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and use of the CPA Handbook, tax literature and other references in the problem resolution process
- Review complex personal and corporate tax returns
- Support partner in completing special mandates (cash flows, reorgs, due diligence, etc.)
- Develop, coach, and train team members towards professional and personal development
- Conduct formal, written annual performance reviews
- Fosters and maintains effective working relationships with colleagues within and outside the team
- Work with others in a respectful and professional manner which contributes to the firm’s core values and achievement of its goals.
- CPA auditor, CA designation
- A minimum of 6-years work experience in a firm
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Strong technical skills
- Sense of organization and priorities
- Ability to multi-task
- Team work oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Good judgment
- Good knowledge of Excel/Caseware/Caseview/Taxprep
We thank all candidates for their application and interest in our Firm. However, we will only be contacting those applicants that we are interested in pursuing.