Located in Montreal, PSB Boisjoli is one of Quebec’s leading accounting firms, with a team of over 250 people. The Firm values an approach based on mutual support and teamwork amongst Partners and team members. It also offers a competitive salary and benefits as well as a stimulating working environment that fosters professional growth.
PSB Boisjoli is currently seeking a Senior Accounting Analyst.
The qualifying candidate will perform the following:
- Responsible for file completion & finalization of the engagement (i.e. subsequent file adjustments, clears review notes from partner/manager, and ensures all required documentation and correspondence is received & filed appropriately).
- Identifies issues (accounting, audit or tax issues): consults with manager.
- GST/TVQ: understands basic concepts/compliance and identifies and resolves issues.
- Prepares complete w/p files with respect to notice to reader & review engagements and ensures all work is properly documented.
- Corporate Tax: ability to identify potential issues; general understanding of association/relation rules, active vs. passive tax rules, CDA account, donation rules, etc.
- Personal tax: Is able to review complicated tax returns; identifies potential issues and tax planning opportunities and communicates same to manager.
- Reviews taxable benefits and DAS calculations.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in an accounting firm.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Bilingual (French & English).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Effective time management skills.
- Knowledge in investment broker write ups.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, Caseware/Caseview and Taxprep.
We thank all candidates for their application and interest in our Firm. However, we will only be contacting those applicants that we are interested in pursuing.