Located in Montreal, PSB Boisjoli is one of Quebec’s leading accounting firms, with a team of over 250 people. The Firm values an approach based on mutual support and teamwork amongst partners and team members. It also offers a competitive salary and benefits as well as a stimulating working environment that fosters professional growth.
PSB Boisjoli is currently seeking a Senior Manager to join its Canada Tax team. This position mainly entails working with senior members of the Canadian tax practice and partners in a variety of client mandates, both ongoing and transactional, and includes research, planning and compliance functions.
- Provides required support to partner in the engagement process (i.e. providing insights based on knowledge of client’s needs, challenging partner’s assumptions, when necessary).Review complex personal, corporate, trust and partnership tax returns, tax slips and other information returns
- Review various tax elections
- Prepare, review and provide guidance on complex tax reorganization plans
- Review legal documentation relating to tax transactions and assess tax implications
- Secure and arrange provision of any tax related services to clients
- Develop well-supported tax opinion or position and makes recommendations to partners.
- Initiate practical, value-added recommendations for client tax planning and business transactions.
- Initiate billing analysis and prepares client invoice
- Takes initiative and strives to add value throughout the tax department while mitigating practice risk.
- Undergraduate university degree in accounting or law degree;
- CPA designation;
- Completion of the In-Depth Tax Course or Master’s degree in taxation;
- A minimum of 5-years work experience in a similar role in public practice;
- Knowledge and experience working in Canadian tax;
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite – specifically in Excel and Word.
- Very comfortable interpreting and applying tax legislations;
- Very comfortable with tax research methods and databases;
- Strong computer skills;
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
- Strong financial data analysis capability
- Fluently bilingual (French and English);
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- Excellent presentation skills through professional, client or public presentations
- Excellent writing skills through high quality client memorandums and correspondence
We thank all those candidates who have applied. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.